HERE AT BRICKS & MORTAR, WE ENDEAVOUR TO BE AS TRANSPARENT AS WE CAN WITH ANY FEES PAYABLE BY OUR CLIENTS.
A breakdown of our fees, charges and important information can be found below *
* Please Note: This list is not exhaustive and any bespoke arrangements where fees are payable will be outlined and discussed prior to charge. The below fees are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Bricks & Mortar and will be updated accordingly should any changes take place.
FEES TO LANDLORDS
Prior to instruction of any property, Bricks & Mortar require all landlords to complete their Terms of Business and provide appropriate identification.
Charges may be subject to change at any time and you will be notified in writing of any amendments.
Tenant Find Service - 90% inc VAT (75% + VAT) - 120% inc VAT (100% + VAT)
Includes (but not limited to) advertising, viewings, offer negotiations, processing of tenancy paperwork, collection of first month’s rent and collection of deposit.
Tenancy Renewal/Tenancy Set Up (Where no advertising or viewings are required) - 42% inc VAT of one month’s rent (35% + VAT)
Includes processing of new tenancy paperwork and issuing relevant certificates to tenants (managed properties only) including gas safety check, EPC, How to Rent Guide and Tenancy Agreement and any other relevant information to tenants.
Change of Sharer/Tenancy Variation/Addendum (e.g. pets)/Agreed Early Surrender - £50 inc VAT
Once the tenancy becomes live and there are any changes to be made such as a change of sharer, pet addendum or variation to the agreed terms or you, the landlord agrees to allow early surrender of tenancy without holding tenants to contract (in very rare instances) then a fee is payable to facilitate necessary documentation. Both landlord and tenant are required to cover costs involved in this variation.
References - up to £20 inc VAT per tenant or per guarantor
Bricks & Mortar strongly recommend that tenants and their guarantors are referenced in advance of signing into a tenancy. These will be carried out by an independent, third party company who will produce a report to confirm affordability and suitability of the tenants and guarantors for your peace of mind. This is not included in the tenant find service and will need to be requested as part of the offer confirmation.
If there is a change to the guarantor, these are charged at an additional cost of up to £20, depending on the tier of referencing chosen- please note that the tenants and guarantors are provided with the referencing criteria in advance of completing their application.
Rent Collection Service - 6% inc VAT of a month's rent, charged monthly where the rent is £1000pcm or above. For rents less than £1000pcm, the monthly charge is fixed at £60 inc VAT
Includes the services as outlined in our Tenant Find Service and also includes rent collection and processing, monthly statements and annual statements.
Fully Managed Service - 14.4% inc VAT of a month’s rent, charged on a monthly basis
Includes (but not limited to) rent collection, protection and return of the deposit, inventory and regular inspections, day to day management and coordination of maintenance, dedicated property manager.
* Student tenants are not referenced as standard. If you require student tenants to be referenced, these will be charged at the rate as outlined above.
CONTRACTOR CHARGES/ADHOC FEES
(All prices quoted include VAT charged at 20%)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) - £97
- Gas Safety Check (CP12) - £89
- Gas Safety Check (CP12) and Boiler Service - From £110 (quoted case by case)
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) - 1or 2 Beds £150 plus £10 per additional bedroom
- Floorplans - 1 or 2 Beds £50 plus £5 per additional bedroom
- Smoke Alarm Check - £70
- PAT Test - £70
- Emergency Lighting Certificate - £70
- Check-In Inventory/Schedule of Condition - 1 or 2 bedroom £150 plus £10 per additional bedroom
- Check-Out Report- Schedule of Condition - 1 or 2 bedroom £150 plus £10 per additional bedroom
- Protection of Damage Deposit with Prescribed Information - £75
- Check-In, Check-Out and Deposit Protection Bundle - £325
- In-House Maintenance Contractor* (Min 1 hr call out fee) - £60 per hour
- Duplicate End of Year Statement/Extra Statements - £15 (per property, increasing to £50 between 1st January and 31st January)
- Transfer to Other Party Fee (Processing Tenancy Paperwork, Deposit etc) - £75
- Application of Selective/Additional/Mandatory HMO Licence - £220 plus Council Licence Charge
- Renewal Application of Selective/Additional/Mandatory HMO Licence - £100 plus council charge
*Works coordinated through Livehere Ltd t/a Bricks & Mortar with external contractors are subject to a 20% facilitation/agency fee on top of the contractor rate price.
For our fully managed properties, tenant deposits are protected with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). For further details regarding this scheme, please go to https://www.tenancydepositscheme.com/.
Bricks & Mortar are also accredited by safeagent, membership number A4726 (formerly National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS)) and the Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme.
All of our client funds are protected through the safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme.
Bricks & Mortar facilitate our rent protection, landlord evict and insurance policies through a third party and receive a percentage for each referral.
Should Bricks & Mortar successfully refer you to any solicitors or surveyors in relation to a property sale, we also receive a small percentage for each referral- this varies from company to company and information of these percentages is available at request in advance of using them.
Property News & Articles
Newcastle Property Market: Which homes are selling the best?
Inflation, interest rates, house prices down, house prices up ... the newspapers are full of...
Newcastle Homeowners Alert! Avoid These 8 Costly Mistakes
When it comes to increasing the value of your Newcastle home, not all upgrades are...