HERE AT BRICKS & MORTAR, WE ENDEAVOUR TO BE AS TRANSPARENT AS WE CAN WITH ANY FEES PAYABLE BY OUR CLIENTS.
A breakdown of our fees, charges and important information can be found below*
*Please Note: This list is not exhaustive and any bespoke arrangements where fees are payable will be outlined and discussed prior to charge. The below fees are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Bricks & Mortar and will be updated accordingly should any changes take place.
FEES TO LANDLORDS
Prior to instruction of any property, Bricks & Mortar require all landlords to complete their Terms of Business and provide appropriate identification.
Charges may be subject to change at any time and you will be notified in writing of any amendments.
Tenant Find Service- 90% inc VAT (75% + VAT) - 120% inc VAT (100% + VAT)
Includes (but not limited to) advertising, viewings, offer negotiations, processing of tenancy paperwork, collection of first month’s rent and collection of deposit.
Tenancy Renewal/Tenancy Set Up (Where no advertising or viewings are required)- 42% inc VAT of one month’s rent (35% + VAT)
Includes processing of new tenancy paperwork and issuing relevant certificates to tenants (managed properties only) including gas safety check, EPC, How to Rent Guide and Tenancy Agreement and any other relevant information to tenants.
Change of Sharer/Tenancy Variation/Addendum (e.g. pets)/Agreed Early Surrender- £50 inc VAT
Once the tenancy becomes live and there are any changes to be made such as a change of sharer, pet addendum or variation to the agreed terms or you, the landlord agrees to allow early surrender of tenancy without holding tenants to contract (in very rare instances) then a fee is payable to facilitate necessary documentation. Both landlord and tenant are required to cover costs involved in this variation.
References- £20 inc VAT per tenant or per guarantor
Bricks & Mortar strongly recommend that tenants and their guarantors are referenced in advance of signing into a tenancy. These will be carried out by an independent, third party company who will produce a report to confirm affordability and suitability of the tenants and guarantors for your peace of mind. This is not included in the tenant find service and will need to be requested as part of the offer confirmation.
If there is a change to the guarantor, these are charged at an additional cost of £20- please note that the tenants and guarantors are provided with the referencing criteria in advance of completing their application.
Rent Collection Service- 6% inc VAT of a month’s rent, charged monthly where the rent is £1000pcm or above. For rents less than £1000pcm, the monthly charge is fixed at £60 inc VAT
Includes the services as outlined in our Tenant Find Service and also includes rent collection and processing, monthly statements and annual statements.
Fully Managed Service- 14.4% inc VAT of a month’s rent, charged on a monthly basis
Includes (but not limited to) our Tenant find service, guarantor referencing*, rent collection, protection and return of the deposit, inventory and regular inspections.
*Student tenants are not referenced as standard. If you require student tenants to be referenced, these will be charged at the rate as outlined above.
Licensing and Works;
* Please note prices are subject to change in case the council make any amendments to their charges.
- Renewals for existing landlords- £50 inc vat for our time + licence fee of £525 if licence is in our name. Includes processing the application and notifying relevant parties.
- Renewals for new landlords/properties -£150 inc Vat for our time + licence fee of £525 if licence is in our name which includes all the above plus an HMO inspection to ensure that the property is up to current standards and advisory email following on from the inspection. Following on from this any necessary works can be organised if authorised.
- New licence applications - £300 inc vat for our time . £525 payable for the fee to the council if licence is in our name. A HMO inspection would be required, not just to check standards but to ensure we have all required info for the application. Also includes; Drawing up plans, filling out the application and notice to relevant parties.
- For a variation to a licence- such as change of managing agent the council charge £80 and up to a £15 Administration fee to cover the use of our credit card.
Application Fee- £240 inc VAT (can be discounted for multiple applications)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)- Lasts for 10 years, Minimum Rating of ‘E’ required- £72 inc VAT
- Annual Gas Safety Check- Carried out annually- £84 inc VAT
- PAT Test- £70 inc VAT
- Smoke Alarm Certificate- £54.60 inc VAT
- Emergency Lighting Certificate- £54.60 inc VAT
- Floorplan- £40 inc VAT
- EICR- £108-£144 inc VAT (increases wirth bed size, subject to surcharge if additional items required)
- Installation of new hardwired & Interlinked smoke and heat detectors- We have been advised that the easiest and least disruptive method of installing hard wired and interlinked smoke alarms and heat detectors will be to make them radio based.We cannot give a price for the works to install as this is dependent on various factors such as ease, amount required etc. We can provide the prices of the units themselves; Radio based smoke detectors: £93.60 inc VAT, Radio based heat detector: £122.40 inc VAT
- Installation of Fire doors- Where a fire door is required, the door will need to be 30 minutes rated, with an equivalent closer, it will need 3, 3 point hinges that are 30 minute fire rated. Kitchen doors will require intumescent strips and other fire doors will require cold smoke seals. Unfortunately, these cannot be priced without a visit to the property by a contractor
For our fully managed properties, tenant deposits are protected with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). For further details regarding this scheme, please go to https://www.tenancydepositscheme.com/.
Bricks & Mortar are also accredited by safeagent, membership number A4726 (formerly National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS)) and the Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme.
All of our client funds are protected through the safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme.
Bricks & Mortar facilitate our rent protection, landlord evict and insurance policies through a third party and receive a percentage for each referral.
Should Bricks & Mortar successfully refer you to any solicitors or surveyors in relation to a property sale, we also receive a small percentage for each referral- this varies from company to company and information of these percentages is available at request in advance of using them.
Newcastle Home Moves Hit Record High in June
June 2021 was the busiest month ever for UK estate agents, home removal companies and...
Why Savvy Newcastle Buy-to-Let Landlords Don’t Use 10-Year Mortgages
I know of many Newcastle buy-to-let landlords who fell into property investing by accident. Many...
Newcastle Homeowners Profit by £38,250 in Last 5 Years
Newcastle Homeowners Profit by £38,250 in Last 5 Years yet Bitcoin investors would have made...