Effective Date: 3rd August 2023
1. Data Controller
Livehere Limited, trading as Bricks & Mortar Group, is the data controller responsible for the processing of your personal information. Our registered address is 140 New Bridge Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 2SZ.
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information
We collect and process various types of personal information about you, including but not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number).
- Identification information (e.g., date of birth, passport, or ID card details).
- Financial information (e.g., bank account details, credit/debit card information).
- Employment details (e.g., employer, position, income).
- Property preferences and requirements.
- Communications and correspondence with us (e.g., emails, phone calls, messages).
2.2 Sensitive Information
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic or biometric data, health information) unless required by applicable laws or with your explicit consent.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Contact us through our website, email, telephone, or other means.
- Engage our services as a client or potential client.
- Provide information in person during property viewings or meetings.
- Subscribe to our newsletters or marketing communications.
- Interact with us through social media platforms.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Credit reference agencies and financial institutions (with your consent).
- Publicly available sources (e.g., Land Registry, Companies House).
- Your referees or employers (with your consent).
- Other individuals involved in property transactions (e.g., sellers, landlords, tenants).
4. Purposes of Processing
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing ‘Estate Agent’ services, including property sales, lettings, and property management.
- Responding to your enquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Facilitating property viewings, valuations, and negotiations.
- Marketing and promotional activities, such as sending newsletters and updates about our services.
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Monitoring and improving our website and services.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, security breaches, or other illegal activities.
5. Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal information based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: Processing necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interests: Processing necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where overridden by your interests, rights, or freedoms.
- Consent: Processing based on your consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- Legal obligations: Processing necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
6. Data Sharing and Disclosures
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may engage trusted third parties to perform various services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, marketing, and advertising. These service providers have access to your personal information only as necessary to perform their functions and are obligated to maintain its confidentiality and security.
- Business partners: We may share your personal information with our business partners when it is necessary to provide you with the requested services or to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- Safety and security: We may disclose your personal information to protect the safety and security of our website, services, clients, employees, or others.
7. International Data Transfers
If we transfer your personal information outside of the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA), we will take appropriate measures to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws.
8. Data Retention
9. Your Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to access, correct, delete, or restrict its processing. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11.
10. Cookies and Similar Technologies
11. Contact Us
12. Updates to this Policy
- Property Sales Misrepresentation Act: We clarify that property particulars are for general guidance and not intended to constitute part of an offer or contract. We also disclaim liability for the accuracy, quality, performance, or completeness of the content on our website.
- Protecting Your Information: We highlight the measures we take to protect the information you provide to us and maintain confidentiality.
- Sale of Business: We inform users that in the event of the business being sold or integrated with another business, their details may be disclosed to advisors and prospective purchasers and will be passed on to the new owners.
- Access to Your Records: We mention that users have the right to access the personal information we hold about them and provide contact details to make such requests.
- Consent to Use Information: We state that by submitting their information, users consent to its use as outlined in the policy and any updates. We also mention the potential transfer of information outside the European Economic Area.
- Information Update: We provide instructions on how users can update their information if it changes or if they wish to cancel their registration.
- All photography taken by Bricks & Mortar is copyright of the company and should not be used by any third parties without express, written consent.
Property News & Articles
Newcastle Property Market: Which homes are selling the best?
Inflation, interest rates, house prices down, house prices up ... the newspapers are full of...
Newcastle Homeowners Alert! Avoid These 8 Costly Mistakes
When it comes to increasing the value of your Newcastle home, not all upgrades are...