Airbnb has well and truly taken off as a company. They access unique homes for holidaymakers or business people. It’s so easy to put your property in the hands of this professional firm and make money. Bricks & Mortar offers an Airbnb management service and can help if you wish to rent out your home to holidaymakers.
Here’s some useful info to think about before Airbnbing your home:-
- Outsource or self-manage your property? Self-managing any property is a full-time job. You have to set up the property listing, advertise it, photograph the rooms, garden etc., and reply to all enquiries. Along with managing check-in and check-out, there’s a lot of other work to do. If you’d rather let someone else carry out all day to day tasks, get in touch with us at Bricks and Mortar. We offer a comprehensive Airbnb management service that’s second to none.
- Our standard package includes advertising your property, vetting new tenants, providing rental statements, organising cleaning of the property and arranging bedding. A premium package includes regular maintenance checks, servicing, meeting and greeting clients plus lots more.
- When you let out your home via Airbnb it’s recommended to have the right insurance just in case anything goes wrong. While you can make a lot of money you don’t want to be left out of pocket if tenants accidentally damage contents. Bricks & Mortar have teamed up with insurance specialists to give Airbnb customers peace of mind.
- Home from home. One of the benefits when using Airbnb is that it feels like a home from home which many people prefer. Holidaymakers can see how locals live and experience a home that feels like their own. Why not provide a welcome book, brochures of places to visit or even a free bottle of wine to welcome guests?
- Status of your property. Being rated by Airbnb as “business travel ready” will entice potential clients. To qualify for this status, your property must be pet-free and smoke-free as well as including the following:-
- A fast internet connection
- Laptop workspace
- A smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
- An iron and ironing board
- A hairdryer and shampoo
- Coat hangers
- Essentials such as clean towels, fresh bedding and toilet paper
- Your property needs to have a minimum of three star-rated reviews before being eligible for this status. Remember to include all of the above amenities, and you’re on your way. Keep in touch with guests and make sure your home looks as it does in the photographs.
- Hotel-standard cleanliness. When guests walk through your front door, they expect the property to be clean, smell fresh and feel welcoming. If you haven’t time to clean to hotel-standard, think about using professional cleaners or Airbnb management. At Bricks & Mortar, we make sure all properties are sparkling before guests arrive. We can arrange a welcome book, a local discount card and other essentials. There is also guest insurance and high-quality linen, as well as bathroom towels available.
To find out more, take a look at our Airbnb valuation tool. Alternatively, get in touch with a member of our experienced team today.